Applications for 2023 now OPEN! Let’s gooooooooo!
Calling all speed demons!
Grease monkeys, crackpot inventors and rubber-neckers. Now registering teams of up to 4 people to design, construct and race a gravity-powered vehicle down our steep and extremely dangerous off-road course. Prizes awarded for multiple categories, including but not limited to:
- Best style / Costumes
- Creative engineering
- Spectacular crash
- Slowest time
- Fastest time
Races kick off Saturday at noon, building downhill momentum until the Final Death Heat; followed by the Awards Ceremony!
Register your team now
Read the registration form closely. Godspeed, daredevils! May gravity be the wind in your sails!
Soapbox entries must meet the following guidelines
- All soapboxes must be gravity powered meaning no engines, pedals, or external energy sources allowed
- All entries must include a functional braking and steering device. Suspension is advised (this is an off road course)
- Helmets are required for all drivers and passengers (human), other forms of protection are encouraged including knee and elbow pads.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years old.
- Weight: 250lbs max dry weight
- Length: No more than 15′ 1″ long
- Width: No more than 6′ wide
- Height: No more than 8′ tall
- Wheels: 3 wheels minimum in contact with the ground.
- Teams: Teams are not limited however there is a cap of 4 people per entry that will be allowed on the course during the race. Teams may choose how many of these 4 are driving and how many are pushing at the start of the course. There must be at least 1 driver.
- All racers must sign a waiver in advance stating that they, as well as all their relatives, friends and pet tarantulas, forgo any claims against Lookout Arts in the case of an injury or death.