GENERAL FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER INFO
- 9-12 hours over the weekend. General Festival Volunteers will have three 3hr shifts
- One 1 meal ticket after each shift.
- TO EXPERIENCE SH’BANG FOR FREE! (Your volunteer ticket price will be refunded to you after full completion of all shifts.)
You don’t get:
- Parking Pass (please purchase separately or apply for one of our kitchen positions that offer a parking pass.)
What do I need to do?
- REVIEW this info.
- HAVE FULL AVAILABILITY: 9am, Sept 6th, through Midnight, Sept 8th (exceptions made for Medics or Specialized Volunteers)
- PURCHASE your Refundable Volunteer Ticket Here prior to applying. You will need to enter your ticket number in the volunteer form (if you have been greenlisted from last year you will receive a passcode instead to bi-pass the ticket purchase.) This is our insurance policy that you will complete your shifts.
- APPLY using the volunteer application form. Your application will not be processed unless you have bought your ticket
- ACCEPTANCE: You are not a confirmed volunteer until you get an invitation to volunteer with your team placement & schedule. Filling out the app does not ensure you are volunteering.
- CONFIRMATION: You must confirm and commit to your schedule for the weekend by Aug. 28th.
- SHOW UP for Volunteer Orientation Friday Sept. 6th, 9 am. and for all your scheduled shifts sober and able to perform your job.
- CHECK-IN with your Buckstop, receive your meal ticket, get feedback/confirm your next shift.
- COMPLETE all expectations and responsibilities related to your position.
- RECEIVE your reimbursement for the Refundable Volunteer Ticket price within 2 weeks of the end of the festival.
SH’BUILD & SH’STRIKE VOLUNTEER INFO (pre/post festival crew)
- 3 full days of work, complete with meals, camping, and freetime/surprises in the evenings!
- Review the requirements for Sh’Build volunteers, Festival Volunteers and Sh’Strike Volunteers
- Fill-out the Volunteer Application and answer the questions about Sh’Build and Sh’Strike in section 3 of the application.
- Wait to receive an invitation *We will send you an invitation to Sh’BUILD if you are a good fit. These are specialty crews, and we have limited space.
- Confirm and commit to your dates by Aug. 21st
- If you have not volunteered for Sh’Bang in the past, you will need to purchase a
Refundable Volunteer Ticket Here. This is our insurance policy that you will do your shifts. You will be reimbursed after you have completed your commitments.
If you would like to volunteer for Sh’build or Sh’strike, but can not afford to buy your ticket in advance, AND you can get a strong reference from a reliable member of the Sh’Bang Team, you can apply for our limited volunteer scholarship positions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, who your reference is, what you hope to contribute to Sh’Bang, Sh’Build or Sh’Strike.